Thursday, June 2, 2016

Curating Resources






How would/do I curate my resources 
as a regular part of my planning?

Since I am only substituting currently, I am curating ideas for my future classroom.  I try to find activities that I can use with various grade levels.  

I currently use Pinterest when I am setting up a future unit.  I like to label the folder with what the unit will be.  Then I can just pin all the activities or information that I think I might like to use on day.  

The Eric Carle unit that I have curated, I have actually used in a Kindergarten classroom.  I curated this file because I was giving the opportunity to plan my own unit using Eric Carle books.  I spent several hours planning and pinning this unit.
This is my Eric Carle folder:

This is my Dr. Seuss folder that I have curated:



In the future when I have my own classroom, I believe that curating using Pinterest will be a part of my weekly lesson planning.  When I am planning a unit, i will begin with what standards I plan on covering.  Then I will begin the process of looking for activities and different way to use technology in the lessons.  While I am looking I will pin what I think I might want to use.  Finally, when it is time to put the lessons in my plan book, I will be able to refer back to that unit on Pinterest and pick what pins I want to use!

I feel that there are many ideas and activities out there. Other teachers have put  their own ideas on there for our use.  Teachers are so busy with so many other aspects of their profession, they do not have time to reinvent the wheel.  We can just borrow others ideas.









Resources:
-https://lingos.wordpress.com
-http://www.clipshrine.com/
-http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/Resources/Defining-EContent/What-is-Content-Curation-79167.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment